What patients and families need to know
Specialized Programs and Services
We take a team approach to care, where all specialties and departments are totally integrated to offer the best care for each patient and family. Our team collaborates with specialists in other departments to offer the best care possible.Learn more about the specialized services we provide:
- Bone Health Program: We focus on optimizing every child’s bone health and reducing his or her risk of future fractures. Our world-renowned expertise and personalized approach help your child avoid fractures and build strong, healthy bones to optimize their mobility and quality of life.
- Hand Program: Our team treats more than 3,000 patients per year. Our specialists are recognized the world over for their ability to restore normal or near normal functioning in children with rare and common disorders and injuries.
- Hip Program: Orthopaedists on our team have a special interest in pediatric hip disorders. This helps us deliver the best available care and treatment.
- Limb Lengthening Program: Our orthopaedic experts have years of experience and are trained in all the latest limb lengthening techniques. At Children’s National, we start working with children and their families at the first signs of a limb length discrepancy.
- Orthopaedic Trauma Care: Comprehensive orthopaedic trauma care at Children’s National extends beyond healing broken bones (fractures). Our team of nationally recognized pediatric orthopaedists delivers specialized care to help children with traumatic injuries regain as close to normal function as possible.
- Sports Medicine: Our team of experts are national experts in pediatric-specific techniques that also protect your child's physical development. We also successfully treat complex injuries, such as torn anterior cruciate ligaments (ACLs), in children as young as six years old.
- Spine Program: Our pediatric spine experts use innovative surgical procedures and personalized rehab programs to treat the full range of spinal deformities.
Make an Appointment
Children's National in Your Neighborhood
Did you know we have 4 locations in Northern Virginia?
Find a Children's Location Near You
Find a Provider