At Children’s National, we are proud to have one of the most experienced pediatric orthopaedic practices in the nation. Our expertise attracts families needing expert orthopaedic care for their children from the across the Mid-Atlantic region.
Advanced care and treatments available at Children’s National are improving quality of life for the children we treat and the families we serve. Our program is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top 20 pediatric orthopaedic programs in the country.
Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine at Children's National
Our orthopaedic surgeons are leaders in a wide range of subspecialties, including spinal deformities, bone health, and hip preservation. We consistently offer innovative treatments, meaning your child receives the most effective care. This includes the most effective medications, least invasive procedures, and care that is more efficient. Our expertise, coupled with a depth of experience from treating more than 1,500 patients per year, helps us consistently achieve excellent outcomes.
Our program specializes in helping children who have conditions affecting the structure or function of their joints and skeletal system, from head to toe.
Highlights of our program include:
- Pediatric expertise: Children's National is the only child-focused orthopaedic program in the region. Our team of fellowship trained pediatric orthopaedists treats everything from broken bones to spinal deformities. Meet the team.
- Growth-plate sparing treatments: We appreciate that children are not simply miniature adults. We are experts in treating conditions or injuries near special growing areas of your child’s bones (growth plates).
- Innovative care programs: Our Spinal Fusion Surgical Home is the first pediatric program of its kind in the nation. Using a team approach, we deliver safe, effective, and family-centered care to children undergoing spine-straightening surgery (posterior spinal fusion).
- Minimally invasive techniques: When surgery is necessary, we strive to use the least invasive technique possible. Minimally invasive surgery means less pain and a shorter recovery period for your child. Learn more about minimally invasive orthopaedic surgery.
- Newer technologies: We are one of few pediatric hospitals in the country to use an EOS® for imaging. This Nobel prize-winning technology allows us to take better quality, full body images more quickly and with less radiation than traditional X-rays.
Specialized Orthopaedic Programs at Children’s National
In addition to dedicating their entire practice to pediatrics, many of our orthopaedists have undergone advanced subspecialty training and additional fellowships. This helps us deliver advanced care for the entire spectrum of pediatric orthopaedic disorders and injuries.
Learn more about our orthopaedic programs:
We make it easy for our patients to get the care they need. We offer convenient outpatient care locations in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
We are training the next generation of orthopaedic specialists at Children's National. Our dynamic fellowship program provides in-depth experience and education to ensure you become a leader within the field.
Please call us at 202-476-2112 to schedule an appointment or for more information. If you're a new patient, please fill out our Orthopaedic Sports Medicine History Form before your visit. This form is also available in Spanish.