COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders
Improving Outcomes for Autism Spectrum Disorder Patients
Our team focuses on the strengths of all children with autism spectrum disorders to help them lead successful and healthy lives.
Learn about our research
The Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders (CASD) is a multidisciplinary team comprised of pediatric autism specialists, including clinical psychologists, neuropsychologists, child and adolescent psychiatrists, developmental pediatricians, social workers and speech/language pathologists. These experts work together to provide the best possible care for autistic youth, and lead research to understand the underpinnings of autism and effective approaches to maximize autistic youth outcomes.
Submit the form
Fill Out Our Intake Form
If you would like to request services or assessment from the Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders, please fill out our patient form.
View form in English or Spanish
Sign-Up for CASD Chat, Our Monthly Newsletter
Check out our CASD Chat newsletters, where we provide tips, events and autism research highlights that can be helpful for you and your family.
The Region’s Largest Autism Program
CASD is the largest multidisciplinary pediatric autism program in the Washington, D.C., region. Our specialists understand the unique needs of children as their brains and bodies develop. We offer:
- Evidence-based clinical care. Our experts lead national research studies on ASD with the goal of advancing assessment and treatment options. By studying autism’s genetic, neurocognitive, behavioral and social factors, we can identify and apply the most effective treatments for your child.
- Education, support and advocacy. We provide the latest information about ASD to everyone from families and patients to school personnel, physicians and agencies. Resources include seminars, workshops, the CASD Chat newsletter, training and consultations. Sign up to be added to our CASD Chat newsletter mailing list. You can also view details about upcoming Executive Function and Social Skills groups and learn about ECHO Autism for providers.
We collaborate with the following departments/specialties:
CASD's mission is to excel in care, advocacy, research and education. We accomplish this by:
- Providing a quality healthcare experience for our patients and families through a coordinated program of state-of the-art clinical services
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally and internationally by educating the next generation of clinicians in best practices for autism evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Creating innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges by conducting research that includes and reflects the neuro-diverse population we serve
- Embracing neurodiversity and welcoming autistic individuals as collaborators, research trainees, students and staff members
CASD works every day to optimize trajectories for autistic youth with the goal of successful transition into adulthood. Our Stakeholder Advisory Board, comprised of parents whose children have received assistance from CASD, provides recommendations to CASD faculty and staff to improve care, research, education and advocacy efforts.
For questions about our intake process, call 301-765-5430.
If you are interested in participating in one of our research studies, call 301-765-5425.
Private support plays an important role in furthering our ability to provide the best care to our patients and families. To learn about how you can make a direct, philanthropic impact on the Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders, please contact Children’s Hospital Foundation at 301-565-4275.
Watch the video
Talking to Your Child About Autism
Angela Bollich, Ph.D., a neuropsychologist at Children's National Hospital, discusses how to talk to your child about autism.
Autism Spectrum Disorders Team