Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders
Improving Outcomes for Autism Spectrum Disorder Patients
Our team focuses on the strengths of all children with autism spectrum disorders to help them lead successful and healthy lives.
Learn about our research
The Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders (CASD) is a multidisciplinary team comprised of pediatric autism specialists, including clinical psychologists, neuropsychologists, child and adolescent psychiatrists, developmental pediatricians, social workers and speech/language pathologists. These experts work together to provide the best possible care for autistic youth, and lead research to understand the underpinnings of autism and effective approaches to maximize autistic youth outcomes.
Private support plays an important role in furthering our ability to provide the best care to our patients and families. To learn about how you can make a direct, philanthropic impact on The Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders, please contact Morgan Milner at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Region’s Largest Autism Program
CASD is the largest multidisciplinary pediatric autism program in the Washington D.C., region. Our specialists understand the unique needs of children as their brains and bodies develop. We offer:
- Evidence-based clinical care. Our experts lead national research studies on ASD with the goal of advancing assessment and treatment options. By studying autism’s genetic, neurocognitive, behavioral and social factors, we can identify and apply the most effective treatments for your child.
- Education, support and advocacy. We provide the latest information about ASD to everyone from families and patients to school personnel, physicians and agencies. Resources include seminars, workshops, the CASD Chat newsletter, training and consultations. Sign up here to be added to our CASD Chat newsletter mailing list.
We collaborate with the following departments/specialties:
CASD's mission is to excel in care, advocacy, research and education. We accomplish this by:
- Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families through a coordinated program of state-of the-art clinical services
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally and internationally by educating the next generation of clinicians in best practices for autism evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Creating innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges by conducting research that includes and reflects the neuro-diverse population we serve
CASD works every day to optimize trajectories for autistic youth with the goal of successful transition into adulthood.
To schedule a clinical appointment, please call 301-765-5432.
To participate in one of our research studies, please call 301-765-5425.
Autism Spectrum Disorders Team