COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
The HSC Health Care System
Extraordinary People, Exceptional Health Services
What makes The HSC Health Care System successful is the extraordinary people we work with, and work for, on a daily basis. Our staff is passionate about making a difference in the lives of the people we serve and within the disability community. Our culture is one that values people, quality health care, service, compassion and efficiency. We’re looking for people who share our commitment to improving access to health services for people who face barriers to due to disability or other complex medical needs.
Enhancing Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important value at the The HSC Health Care System. Our community includes people with a range of disabilities and medical needs, who are diverse in their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical and cognitive ability, religion and political beliefs. We are dedicated to creating a workforce that is reflective of that diversity.
A workforce that values and shares the strength of our differences makes us better able to improve the quality of life for the people we serve. That commitment has lead to:
- Strong employee retention. The average length of tenure for employees at some of our entity organizations is close to 10 years, and we routinely celebrate staff who have spent their entire careers as part of our family at our annual employee service celebration.
- Trust within the community. We are members of the community and work closely with our neighbors and network of more than 100 partner organizations.
We work to eliminate barriers that could inhibit one’s ability to access health care services:
- Accessibility. Not only are all of our locations compliant with the Americans With Disabilities (ADA), we also make sure our workplaces are accessible for all of our employees.
- Limited English proficiency. Our staff are proficient in different languages, such as Amharic, Arabic, French, Hindi, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Urdu and many more.
- Limited financial means. Our programs and services support people when they need it most hand provide resources, such as transportation and child care to increase access to care
We are a close-knit group of committed individuals working in a wide range of jobs—from nurses and therapists to administrators and community engagement specialists. Each of our roles is vital to our work of improving the lives of children and their families.