Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
How to Apply
Children's National Hospital will be participating in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for those applying for the fellowship beginning July 1, 2022. More information on contracts, salary, benefits and visa information can be found here.
Visit the ERAS site to submit your application.
The required documents include:
- ERAS application
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement
- A recent photo of the applicant
- Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship evaluation form (found on the ERAS website)
Please note the following changes for the 2021 application season (appointment July 1, 2022):
- ERAS applications will open to candidates on the first Wednesday in July (July 7, 2021).
- Applications will become available to programs on the third Wednesday in July (July 21, 2021)
- Applicants interested in Children’s National must have their ERAS application, CV, personal statement, photo and at least one letter uploaded to ERAS by July 22, 2021. We strongly encourage you to have your other letters available by then as well, but understand that this is not entirely under your control.
- Our initial round of interview offers will be extended on or around Thursday, August 12, 2021. We appreciate your patience as we review each application in its entirety prior to offering interviews, and this takes time.
- If any applicant has personal or professional circumstances that would delay this suggested timeline, please reach out to us so we are aware. We are committed to working with our applicants during the recruitment process.
- In consideration of public health recommendations and as recommended by the Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD), our interviews will be exclusively offered in a virtual format this fall. We regret that we cannot meet you in person, but we look forward to creatively sharing our outstanding fellows, faculty and training opportunities with you.
- Children’s National has successfully trained many cardiac intensivists in the past and welcomes applications from trainees who have previously trained in pediatric critical care medicine. However, for fellows starting July 1, 2022, we strongly prefer applicants who can complete three years of cardiology training. This decision changes on a year-to-year basis. Please feel free to discuss your individual situation with Dr. Frank at any point.
Match Opens: September 22, 2021
Rank Order List Opens: October 27, 2021
Rank Order List Deadline: December 1, 2021
Match Day: December 15, 2021
Children's National will be accepting four fellows to begin in July 2022. Interviews for select applicants will occur September through early November 2021.
For questions, please email Valerie Evans or call 202-476-2315. To send a fax, please use 202-476-5700.