COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Instructions for Your Appointment
Ver esta página en español.
You can use your phone, tablet or computer to connect to your healthcare provider for your video visit. Make sure to download Zoom before your visit so you are ready to get started on time. Use the links below to get the Zoom app downloaded on your device:
Before Your Video Visit
- Make sure that your child is with you for the video visit unless you have been told otherwise.
- Pick a safe and quiet space for the visit. If you are not at home for the visit, you must be in the same state that is listed in your home address.
- Check that you have a stable internet connection, along with working audio and video capabilities so that we can hear you and see you.
- Since your provider will be able to see you, please dress appropriately.
- Minimize any potential distractions.
If your child is experiencing a medical emergency, please contact 911.
If your child is receiving a telehealth consultation or treatment, please download and read the Consent to Telehealth Consultation/Treatment form: English | Español (PDF). You may also listen to the consent ahead of your appointment: English | Español (WAV). You will be asked to confirm you have read or listened to the audio before your appointment starts.
Starting Your Video Visit
When it is time for your appointment, make sure you are either on wi-fi or in a place where you get good internet service. The Zoom video visit will use the internet to connect to your doctor or healthcare provider.
- You will receive a text or email from Children’s National with your appointment information.
- Five minutes before your appointment time, please click the link to join the meeting. You will be connected to the Zoom waiting room.
- Right click on your screen name and rename it to your child’s name.
- Your provider will join you and then begin the visit. If your provider is running late, please stay in the waiting room.
If you are having trouble getting your video visit started, you can use these links for help:
Rescheduling Your Appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your video visit appointment, please call us.