Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Instructions for Your Appointment
Ver esta página en español.
Families who have made a video visit appointment with their health care provider can follow these steps to get connected before the visit.
- Please make sure that your child is with you for the video visit unless you have been told otherwise.
- If your child is in distress and needs to be seen by a doctor, please give us a call right away or go to the nearest emergency room.
- We will not be able to do things like listen to your child's lungs or look in their ears during a video visit.
- If your child is sick, please call our advice nurses to get an in-person appointment.
- If you are not at home for the video visit, you must be located in the same state that is listed in your home address.
If your child is seeing our medical team as a telehealth consultation or treatment, please download and read the Consent to Telehealth Consultation/Treatment form: English | Español (PDF). You may also listen to the consent ahead of your appointment: English | Español (WAV). You will be asked to confirm you have read or listened to the audio before your appointment starts.
Before Your Video Visit
You can use your phone, tablet or computer to connect to your health care provider for your video visit. Make sure to download Zoom before your visit so you are ready to get started on time.
Use the links below to get the Zoom app downloaded on your device:
Starting the Video Visit
When it is time for your appointment, make sure you are either on wi-fi or in a place where you get good internet service. The Zoom video visit will use the internet to connect to your doctor or health care provider. Make sure to use a device with the Zoom app for your video visit.
- Your health care provider will text or email you a link to start your visit.
- Five minutes before your appointment time, please click the link to join the meeting. You will be connected to the Zoom waiting room.
- Right click on your screen name and rename it to your child’s name.
- Your doctor will join you and then begin the visit. If your doctor is running late, please stay in the waiting room.
If you are having trouble getting your video visit started, you can use these links for help:
Rescheduling Your Appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your video visit appointment, please call us.