Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Programs and Services
The ADHD & Learning Differences Program at Children’s National Hospital has a variety of programs and services to help care for and treat your child or adolescent’s needs. Your child will have access to the latest treatments based on our innovative research. Our program provides families with comprehensive clinical care, including evidence-based assessment, individual, family and group psychosocial treatment.
Our program, in collaboration with the HALP Clinic, provides a range of services in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia, including the following:
- Diagnostic evaluations and assessment of ADHD, attention, learning and/or behavioral concerns for children and adolescents.
- Parenting interventions including individual and group-based therapy programs to empower parents to effectively manage a child’s attention and behavior.
- Adolescent education support for youth ages 11 to 18 years old (middle and high school) to achieve success in school by improving organization, time management and homework performance.
- Family therapy with parents/caregivers and youth to receive individualized training to manage ADHD and/or behavior concerns.
- Group therapy for children and adolescents to build skills and practice with their same age peers.
- Frustration management to promote effective coping with frustration and negative emotions for children ages 8 to 11 years old.
Understanding and Managing ADHD: A Group Program for Parents
Parents of children ages 6-12 are invited to join a support group that gives an up-to-date understanding of ADHD and its impact on their child's behavior, teaching specific strategies for the most common problems that their children experience.
For more information about the clinical services offered through the ADHD & Learning Differences Program or to schedule an appointment, call the Division of Psychology and Behavioral Health at 202-729-3300. If your child is a new patient, please fill out our intake packet before your visit.