Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Advance Practice Nursing
Expanding Access, Advancing Children’s Health
At Children’s National Hospital, our team of more than 150 advanced practice providers plays a vital role in expanding access and improving care for all our patients.
As an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) at Children’s National, you’ll have the autonomy to:
- Provide comprehensive care to patients
- Lead research initiatives and meaningful practice changes
- Spearhead innovative clinical programs
- Educate families and the community on health issues
- Communicate with and support our families
Our team is growing every day as we actively recruit APRNs for:
And, we’re promoting from within. Children’s National supports RNs who pursue graduate degrees and move into advanced practice nursing roles through our tuition reimbursement program and Doctoral Support Group.
Empowering Advance Practice Nurses
As an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) at Children’s National, you’ll have a chance to contribute to every part of our child-focused mission.
Our APRNs deliver clinical excellence and inspire innovative ways to promote pediatric health outcomes in diverse clinical care areas, including:
Our APRNs have a longstanding history of advocating for children in the DC area and across the country.
The Department of Nursing Research and Quality Outcomes supports our APRNs by:
- Facilitating the conduct of independent, extramurally funded studies that generate new knowledge
- Engaging nurses in the systematic examination of their clinical hypotheses
- Providing research mentorship
- Promoting intra-professional research
- Establishing an evidence-based nursing practice
Many of our APRNs also teach the next generation of providers as adjunct faculty at:
- George Washington University
- Catholic University of America
- University of Maryland
The Department of Advanced Practice Nursing also hosts an annual APRN conference, as well as a monthly doctoral support group for nurses pursuing doctorate degrees.
Join Our Team
Whether you’re just getting started or bring years of experience, learn more about nursing careers at Children’s National.Learn about our nursing programs
A Place to Grow & Thrive
Opportunities for professional development support not only nurses’ career aspirations, but patients’ outcomes.Nursing Education
Autism Behavioral Communications (ABC) support team
The Autism Support Team works to ensure that Children’s National is more of an autism-friendly hospital, where a team approach helps put patients with unique needs at ease.
Read More of Autism Behavioral Communications (ABC) support team