Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Children’s National Experts Presenting at Pediatric Academic Societies Conference
April 30, 2013
Washington, DC—More than 120 pediatricians and researchers from Children’s National Medical Center will present at the 2013 Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting, which runs from May 4 through May 7 in Washington, DC. Experts from a variety of pediatric disciplines will discuss current findings in their research.
Select topics include:
- Best Practices in Designing and Conducting Clinical Trials of Drugs in Children – Edward Connor, MD
- Pragmatic Conduct of Multi-Center Clinical Research in the Acute Care Setting – John Berger, MD
- Emergency Medicine: Scholarly Succession Planning in Pediatric Emergency Medicine – Joseph L. Wright, MD
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism with Neurologic Impact – Marshall Summar, MD
- Role of Glial Progenitors in Brain Injury – Vittorio Gallo, PhD
- Can You Bake Your Cake and Have Time to Eat it Too? The Challenges of a Two Professional Family – Karen O’Connell, MD
Children’s National, through research conducted by Children’s Research Institute, the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation, and the Clinical and Translational Science Institute at Children’s National, conducts and promotes translational and clinical medical research and education programs within Children’s that lead to improved understanding, prevention, treatment, and care of childhood diseases.
Contact: Emily Hartman or Paula Darte, 202-476-4500.
For the Media
Find a Provider
Media Email Sign Up
Want the latest Children's National news and stories as they happen? Sign up to get our News & Events releases by email.