What patients and families need to know
Children’s National Cardiology Team Travels to South Africa for World Congress Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
February 20, 2013
Washington, DC – Several members of the Children’s National team traveled to South Africa to attend the 6th World Congress Pediatric Cardiac Society of South Africa, hosted by the South African Heart Association.
Members from Children’s Cardiology and Fetal Medicine teams will present on topics ranging from guides on how to start a critical congenital heart disease (CCHD) screening program to portable echocardiogram devices
Watch the video
Below are the other topics for all of our doctors attending the World Congress:
Adre Du Plessis, MBChB
- Fetal Brain Imaging and Pathology in Congenital Heart Disease
- Preoperative Evaluation of Cerebral Injury and the Risks
- DEBATE: Neurological Imaging is Essential for Every Newborn with Complex Critical Heart Disease
Craig Sable, MD
- Flying In, Then Building Up
- The Ultraportable Echo: What It Can and Cannot Do
Richard Levy, MD
- Myocardial Metabolism in Neonatal Versus Adult Hearts
- Pain Control in 2013
Richard Jonas, MD
- The Hybrid Norwood is a Poor Procedure
- Hematocrit and pH Management: The Evidence
- The Natural History and Management of the Surgical Neo-aorta/ the Dilating Neo-aorta: What is Happening
Gerard Martin, MD
- A Practical Guide to Starting a Registry of Cardiac Procedures
Children’s National Heart Institute at Children’s National Medical Center provides the most advanced care for patients with congenital heart disease. The team includes nationally known specialists in all aspects of pediatric cardiology, including fetal cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac surgery, interventional cardiology, cardiac critical care, cardiac anesthesiology, and adult congenital heart disease.
Contact: Paula Darte or Emily Hartman, Public Relations: 202.476.4500.
For the Media
Find a Provider
Media Email Sign Up
Want the latest Children's National news and stories as they happen? Sign up to get our News & Events releases by email.