Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Experts from Children’s National Medical Center to present at Pediatric Academic Societies’ Annual Meeting
April 30, 2011
DENVER—Pediatric experts from Children’s National Medical Center are participating in 55 presentations, workshops, and poster sessions at the 2011 Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting—one of the largest annual meetings of health specialists focused on pediatric research, academics, and clinical practice.
Additionally, a Children’s National pediatric resident Hanna Kim, MD, will receive an American Pediatric Association Research Award for Best Abstract by a Resident, for her work, “Have Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Duty Hour Limits Made a Difference? A Re-Examination of Resident Sleep, Mental Health, Education, and Safety Seven Years Later.”
Presenters and topics from Children’s National at this year’s meeting include:
- “Is There a Favorable Return on a Children’s Hospital Investment in a Community Pediatrics Residency Track?” Denice Cora-Bramble, Cara Lichtenstein, Dewesh Agrawal, Mary Ottolini.
- “Respiratory Infections and Vitamin D,” Sabah F. Iqbal, Edward V. Mosenkis, Pankaj Jain, Andrew Wiles, Jennifer Lerner, Angela S. Benton, James M. Chamberlain, Robert J. Freishtat, Stephen J. Teach.
- “Factors Influencing Infant Sleep Position: Decisions Do Not Differ by Socio-Economic Status in African-American Families,” David Robida, Rosalind Oden, Brandi Joyner, Rachel Moon.
- “Predictors of Forearm Fracture Risk in African American Children,” Leticia M. Ryan, Stephen J. Teach, Cinzia Brandoli, Steven A. Singer, Rachel Wood, Robert J. Freishtat, Joseph L. Wright, Laura L. Tosi, James M. Chamberlain.
- “Why Do Adolescents Present to the Emergency Department Instead of to Their Primary Care Provider?” Amy L. Weiss, Lawrence J. D’Angelo, Lisa K. Tuchman.
- “Use of Electronic Mail for Communication and Aftercare Education among Disadvantaged Urban Families Seen in an Asthma Clinic,” Mohsen Saidinejad, James M. Chamberlain, Stephen J. Teach.
- “Home Fire Safety Practices in an Urban Pediatric Emergency Department Population,” Rachel Wood, Alexandra Rucker, Ambika Lall, Stephen J. Teach, Joseph L. Wright, James M. Chamberlain, Leticia M. Ryan.
The Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) are four individual pediatric organizations who co-sponsor the PAS Annual Meeting – the American Pediatric Society, the Society for Pediatric Research, the Academic Pediatric Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Contact: For interviews during the conference, contact Jennifer Stinebiser in Denver (202-657-2039) or Emily Hartman/Paula Darte in Washington, DC at 202-476-4500.
For the Media
Find a Provider
Media Email Sign Up
Want the latest Children's National news and stories as they happen? Sign up to get our News & Events releases by email.