Patient care volunteers work directly with our children, extending the care of our nurses and therapists. You might cuddle a baby or toddler whose family cannot be here. You may read a story or help with schoolwork. You may also help recreation therapy staff plan and organize special parties, activities or outings for our patients.
Administrative and clerical volunteers lend a hand with tasks to keep the Center running smoothly. You may help with filing, shelving, labeling, copying, and mailings. You might answer phones or check-in visitors. You also may help with special events.
We work to match your skills and interests with the volunteer programs available. And, we provide training and supervision so you can make the best of your experience.
Who Can Volunteer
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have a health screening. Volunteers are required to have two tuberculosis (TB) tests and drug screening.
- Get your first TB test done by your doctor. The HSC Pediatric Center will do the second TB test and drug screening.
- Obtain a copy of your immunization history from your doctor.
How to Apply
- Fill out the Volunteer Initial Screening.
- Complete an interview (our volunteer coordinator will conduct a phone interview with you)
- Attend one of our Saturday Volunteer Orientations.
* Please note that due to COVID-19 some volunteer opportunities may not be available.