COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Prenatal Pediatrics Institute Referral Guidelines
The Prenatal Pediatrics Institute at Children’s National Hospital is proud to offer outstanding tertiary and quaternary diagnostics and patient management for obstetric and maternal prenatal medicine practices throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
How to Refer a Patient
Download our request for services form and fax or email your referral to us.
To speak with a clinician regarding your referral, call the Prenatal Pediatrics Institute at 202-476-7409.
All patient visits require patient records from your practice to be faxed or emailed to our institute at the contact information provided above. Key documents include:
- Ultrasound reports
- First or second trimester screen results
- Results of amniocentesis or CVS, if applicable
- Results of TORCH titers, if applicable
- Any significant family history
- Current patient/family contact information
- Following your patient's visit, we will email or fax reports to your office as soon as they become available, typically within 3-5 business days of the visit.
- The medical team on each case is always available if you’d like to speak directly with a physician, nurse practitioner or genetic counselor.
Approximately 30 days prior to the estimated delivery date, our team will send a report of our findings and recommendations for the perinatal period together with a copy of all diagnostic and consultation reports to the delivery hospital, the referring physician and the patient.
Request referral pads
Outpatient Appointment Referral Pads (PDFs)
Northern Virginia - 2021: English | En Español
Maryland - 2021: English | En Español
Montgomery County Imaging - 2020: English
Interested in viewing our full directory of providers and services? You can download it to your device or print it for your practice.
Physician Access Line
Need to reach a Children's National specialist for a quick consult about a patient in your care? Call our Physician Access Line at 202-476-4880.
Meet the Physician Liaisons
Reach Out to Your Physician Liaison
Our physician liaisons help providers with referring a patient for treatment, providing referral pads and obtaining medical records. Leave us a message and we'll follow up with you.