What patients and families need to know
Prenatal Pediatrics Institute Referral Guidelines
The Prenatal Pediatrics Institute at Children’s National Hospital is proud to offer outstanding tertiary and quaternary diagnostics and patient management for obstetric and maternal prenatal medicine practices throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
How to Refer a Patient
Download our request for services form and fax or email your referral to us.
To speak with a clinician regarding your referral, call the Prenatal Pediatrics Institute at 202-476-7409.
All patient visits require patient records from your practice to be faxed or emailed to our institute at the contact information provided above. Key documents include:
- Ultrasound reports
- First or second trimester screen results
- Results of amniocentesis or CVS, if applicable
- Results of TORCH titers, if applicable
- Any significant family history
- Current patient/family contact information
- Following your patient's visit, we will email or fax reports to your office as soon as they become available, typically within 3-5 business days of the visit.
- The medical team on each case is always available if you’d like to speak directly with a physician, nurse practitioner or genetic counselor.
Approximately 30 days prior to the estimated delivery date, our team will send a report of our findings and recommendations for the perinatal period together with a copy of all diagnostic and consultation reports to the delivery hospital, the referring physician and the patient.
Online and Print Physician Directory
View the real-time directory of our services and providers to support your practice needs.Download Directory
Physician Access Line
We have established a physician access line for your use. Please dial 202-476-4880 for consultations, referrals and admissions information.Navigate the referral process