What patients and families need to know
Neurology Referral Guidelines
Referrals for patients to our Safe Concussion Outcome, Recovery and Education (SCORE) Clinic (Ages 4-22) are as follows:
Location: Main Hospital, Shady Grove, Laurel, Fairfax, Salisbury
Phone: 301-765-2429 or 202-476-2429 (urgent appointments)
Ages served: 4-22
- Evaluation and treatment for children and adolescents with concussion/mild TBI
- Baseline evaluation for child and adolescent athletes at risk for concussion
- Insurance accepted: Kaiser, GEHA, NCAS, Aetna, PHCS, NCPPO, Cigna, United Behavioral Health, MDIPA, Blue Cross Blue Shield, TRICARE. Virginia: Anthem HealthKeepers Plus and Intotal Health. Maryland: Value Options. D.C.: AmeriHealth and HSCSN.
- Wait time:
- Urgent appointments are available (One - two days)
- Weekly follow-up appointments are available during recovery
- Information for referral: Complete the intake entirely and ask the family to provide recent prior records if applicable (psychological, educational, speech therapy, school IEP), as well as insurance information.
- How to refer and schedule:
- Call 301-765-2429 or 202-476-2429
- Fax to 301-765-5470