COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
All graduating pediatric neurology residents have been successful at pursuing academic, private or military careers after completing their fellowship, including both research and senior clinical fellowships at Children's National Hospital and other prestigious institutions. Mentee achievements and placements range from specialized fellowships and awards to assistant professorships.
- Carlos Castillo Pinto, M.D. — Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital In Miami, FL
- Jennifer Harmon, M.D., Ph.D. — Medical Genetics Fellowship at Children's National Hospital.
- Eric Strong, M.D. — Neuro-hospitalist at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA, focused on general Neurology, Neurodevelopmental disabilities, and headache. Also serves as the primary neurologist for the Geisinger Bucknell Autism & Developmental Medicine Center
- Youssef Kousa, D.O., Ph.D. – Accepted position as a physician-scientist specializing in Prenatal Neurology and Neonatal Neurocritical Care at Children’s National Hospital. Dr. Kousa is investigating genetic risk factors contributing to brain malformations at Children’s National Research Institute and George Washington University.
- Susanna Yoon, M.D. — Accepted position as epilepsy fellows at Children’s National; David Lewis Outstanding Fellow Award Recipient 2019
- Alexander Andrews, M.D. — Completed epilepsy fellowship at George Washington University; Accepted position as child neurologist and epileptologist at Georgetown University Hospital
- Meaghan Kelly, M.D. — Accepted position as child neurologist at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia
- Nathan Cohen, M.D. — Completed epilepsy fellowship at Children’s National and accepted position as child neurologist and epileptologist
- Tayyba Anwar, M.D. — David Lewis Outstanding Fellow Award Recipient 2017; Completed epilepsy fellowship at Children's National; Accepted position as neonatal critical care attending at Children’s National
- Sarah Schlatterer, M.D., Ph.D. — Completed fetology fellowship at Children’s National and accepted position as child neurologist and prenatal neurology attending physician
- Jeff Strelzik, M.D. — Assistant Professor Child Neurology, Associate Program Director, Children’s National
- Patrick Mabray, M.D., Ph.D. — Assistant Professor Child Neurology, Boston Medical Center
- Aimee Sato, M.D. — Accepted position as neuro-oncology fellow at Children's National; Assistant Professor Child Neurology, Director of Neurofibromatosis Program, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Julie Ziobro, M.D., Ph.D. — Accepted position as epilepsy fellow at Children's Hospital Colorado; Assistant Professor Child Neurology, University of Michigan Children’s