COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Our two-year Urology Fellowship offers a broad, inclusive year of clinical training and a full year of dedicated research with the goal of producing well-trained pediatric urologists.
Learn more about our:
How to Apply
In order to apply for the Urology Fellowship, the documents that you must submit for a complete application, include:
Interview days provide the applicants with an opportunity to not only interview with most of the faculty, but to also see how our department functions during a regular day. All interviews are conducted on Tuesdays, and during the hospital tour you are likely to observe one of the faculty in the OR, or the clinic. Our weekly radiology conference at the end of the day is where challenging cases are presented for discussion by the entire faculty. Most applicants arrive to Washington, D.C. on Monday and leave on Wednesday. Candidates are welcome to come for second look visits, but they are not expected.
- Registration opens: Middle of November
- Registration deadline: Beginning of May
- Children's National interview period: Beginning of February to end of April
- Rank list opens: Beginning of May
- Rank list due: Beginning of June
- Match results released: Middle of June
- Faculty interviews: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Lunch and tour with research fellow: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Faculty interviews: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Radiology conference - 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dinner with faculty - 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Return to hotel - 9:15 p.m.
We have arranged for a reduced rate at One Washington Circle Hotel. The address and phone number:
1 Washington Circle Northwest
Washington, DC 20037
When you call to make your reservation, please say that you are interviewing with “the Department of Pediatrics at George Washington University”.
- Arriving by car: Parking is available in the onsite garage
- Arriving by taxi or ride share: There is a patient/visitor drop-off point at the garage entrance
- Arriving by metro: The hospital operates shuttle buses that pick up hospital staff, patients and visitors outside the Columbia Heights stop on the Green/Yellow Line, and the Union Station and Brookland stops, which are both on the Red Line.