COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Learn how to apply
Update for the 2022 Interview Season
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are conducting interviews virtually. We accept two fellows each year, and applications should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Children’s National Hospital offers a three year fellowship training program in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. We accept two fellows per year and participate in Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Provide an environment in which the trainee will gain experience evaluating and treating a variety of gastrointestinal conditions
- Allow the fellow to develop the knowledge and skills to manage these conditions independently
- Foster an environment of intellectual curiosity
Expectations of the Fellows
- Become proficient in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of children with gastrointestinal, liver and nutritional disorders
- Become competent in procedures used to diagnose and manage a gastrointestinal disease
- Produce a mentored work product based on basic or clinical research under the guidance of a mentor and scholarship oversight committee
- Develop and refine skills in the six Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) core competencies: research, quality improvement, administration, medical education, leadership and professionalism
Watch our video
Welcome to Our Fellows
Learn about what you'll experience as a fellow in our Gastroenterology program.
View our photos
See Our Facilities
From our procedure rooms to shared office spaces and more, the gastroenterology facilities at Children's National Hospital are second-to-none.