Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Nominate a Pathfinder
Partner schools and programs can submit a nomination for eligible students.
Application deadlines for 2021:
- The deadline to submit student applications (pre-BSN, ADN-BSN and high school students) for the 2021 summer immersion program and tuition scholarship for fall has passed.
- Applicants for the summer program will be notified on April 30, 2021
- Summer immersion program dates: June 1 - Aug. 6, 2021
The program is being offered to:
- 3 high school graduating seniors
- 3 college students who have selected nursing as their major
- 2 nursing majors in associate degree programs committed to baccalaureate education
Prior to submitting any nominations to this program, please ensure the student’s availability to attend the 10-week summer internship for each year of eligibility.
- High school students: Summer 2021, 2022 and 2023
- ADN-BSN: Summer 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Pre-BSN students: Summer 2021, 2022 and 2023
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- In good academic standing
Partner schools and programs will be required to submit the following for nomination of each nominee:
- Nomination form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Student essay demonstrating the student’s interest in being a registered professional pediatric nurse. We strongly recommend that the student emphasize key factors influencing their choice to pursue nursing as a profession and identify why they believe a mentoring relationship will facilitate their success.
- PDF electronic copy of school transcript; if selected, an official transcript will be required.
Mentor Application and Selection
On an annual basis in April we will communicate a "Call for Mentors" to all registered nurses. This selection of experienced nurses at Children’s National will provide one-on-one mentoring to each student. Registered Nurses mentoring Conway Nursing Pathfinders are:
- Children’s National nurses in good standing
- Enrolled in an accredited MSN/MHA/PhD/DNP program
- Passionate about preparing future nurses who will thrive within their profession
All applications will be reviewed by a panel considered for an interview and selected based on the mentoring criteria and need for mentors.
Each nominee's application will be reviewed for completeness. Qualified nominees will be interviewed by a selection committee. Nominees who are selected for the program will receive additional program information upon selection.
Any additional questions regarding the nomination process should be directed to Mourine Evans, Conway Nursing Pathway Program Director, with the subject line 'Conway Nursing Pathway Program nomination.'
- Submission deadline - March 13, 2021
- Nominee notified - April 30, 2021
- 10-Week Summer Immersion Program starts - June 1, 2021
Previous Pathfinders and Mentors
Learn about our 2020 and 2019 pathfinders and mentors.