COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Advanced Practice Council
The Advanced Practice Council's purpose is to provide a forum for discussion of issues and dissemination of information relevant to advanced practice providers at Children's National Hospital. The council supports all advanced practice providers through education, mentoring, quality improvement and research. As APPs, we strive to live our mission of excelling in Care, Advocacy, Research and Education, which guides our child- and family-centered care. The Advanced Practice Council will develop strategic initiatives that incorporate the mission of the organization to lead changes that ensure successful integration of the APP role into practice.
- Champions role of APPs
- Articulates advantages of new practice models
- Understands policies that govern systems within the organization
- Fosters relationships within medical and nursing leadership
- Unites APPs to support growth and networking and strengthen performance within interprofessional models
- Is engaged and empowered in dialogue and decision making about the APP roles
- Understands issues, bridges gaps, gains consensus and is successful in creating change
- Leads a professional workforce to champion collaborative practice models
If you have questions about the council or need more information, contact Operations Coordinator Domonique Miles, MSHS.