Resources for Providers
Learn more about Dr. Muñoz
Innovations in Telehealth
Ricardo Muñoz, M.D., executive director of Telemedicine at Children's National Hospital, leads our team in collaborating with providers around the country and world to enable them to access the best care possible for their patients.
Our telehealth team is ready to bring world-class expert care and education to health care providers like you and the people you serve in your community. In our shared vision of helping children, we’ll support you by:
- Providing accessible care in a timely manner
- Offering highly specialized health care expertise not commonly available in smaller communities
- Supporting your local health care economy and community providers
- Serving as a cost-feasible educational health care resource
For our local, national and international partnering providers, we offer the following telehealth services:
- Live video visits (urgent and non-urgent)
- Provider to provider phone consults (urgent and non-urgent)
- Chart review
- Mobile services
- Second opinion
- Store and forward
- Virtual grand rounds
- Distance learning and education (clinical/medical education, mentoring)
Critical Care Command Centers
Our top-ranked pediatric intensive care experts can provide care and support to your patient and team remotely from our critical care command centers. If partnering with Children’s National for this service, you would have access to a traveling, Wi-Fi powered robot that can visit your patient in their room and transmit real-time video and audio connections to our command center, where our specialists are based. Our specialists can see and communicate with your patients and physician team, and continually monitor vitals to support your team.
Let our team help you provide the best care possible for your patients. If you’re interested in more information or engaging in one of the above services, contact us via this form.