COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Pediatric Gynecology Program
Experts in Pediatric Gynecology
Our Pediatric Gynecology Program cares exclusively for children and teens, which allows us to meet your child's psychological and emotional needs while delivering excellent care.
Meet the team
Children's National Hospital is one of the nation's few hospitals with a dedicated program for infants, children and teens with common and complex pediatric gynecologic concerns. Our exceptional expertise in both gynecology and surgery also allows our team to provide medical and surgical treatment for a range of conditions, which can be unique to childhood or persist into adulthood.
Services for Patients and Families
The program coordinates care for patients with a range of surgical and non-surgical concerns. The following services are available for patients between the ages of 0-21:
- Routine gynecologic care for the treatment of menstrual concerns, pelvic pain, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, early or delayed puberty, contraception and screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Routine and emergent surgical management of ovarian masses, ovarian torsion, vulvar trauma, hymenal abnormalities and congenital anomalies of the reproductive tract
- Fertility preservation counseling and hormone replacement therapy for patients at risk for or experiencing ovarian failure
- Gender-affirming medical care and gender-affirming hysterectomy
- Multidisciplinary care of patients with differences of sex development, Turner syndrome, endocrinopathies, anemia caused by menstrual bleeding, vulvar lesions and anorectal malformations
Continuity of Care
Our program is also unique in our ability to monitor young women during their transition to adult care. This continuity of care is possible through a partnership with MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Some of our team members care for patients at both hospitals into adulthood. This means that as an adult, your daughter has the option to see a physician who knows her medical history.
For scheduling your child’s in-person appointment, procedure or telehealth visit with Gynecology, please call 1-888-884-BEAR (2327). Appointments can be scheduled for the first, third and fifth Monday of the month and Thursdays from 1-5 p.m.
Questions? Please call 202-476-2150 or email us.
Learn how we're protecting your family's health
Don’t Put Your Child’s Health on Hold
Our team is standing by to schedule your child’s in-person appointment or procedure.
Call 1-888-884-BEAR (2327) to schedule.
Resources for Families
Find helpful resources from the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology to learn more about gynecological conditions.
Pediatric Gynecology Program Team