COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Questions to Ask Your Pediatric Surgeon
- Why is this treatment or procedure being recommended, and what exactly will happen?
- Can you send me for a second opinion?
- What are the potential risks?
- What potential benefits have been seen, or might be deemed possible?
- What about my child’s quality of life? Do the benefits outweigh the risks?
- If this is a trial procedure, why would you choose this one over another one?
- What is your medical background? How long have you been doing procedures or treatments like this? Where did you train?
- Are your anesthesiologists fellowship trained in pediatrics?
- Can I be involved in the care process for my child?
- Do you have a pre-surgical tour that can help ease my child’s fears regarding the process?
Make an Appointment
Children's National in Your Neighborhood
Did you know we have 4 locations in Northern Virginia?
Find a Children's Location Near You
Find a Provider