COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Questions to Ask Your Pediatric Surgeon
- Why is this treatment or procedure being recommended, and what exactly will happen?
- Can you send me for a second opinion?
- What are the potential risks?
- What potential benefits have been seen, or might be deemed possible?
- What about my child’s quality of life? Do the benefits outweigh the risks?
- If this is a trial procedure, why would you choose this one over another one?
- What is your medical background? How long have you been doing procedures or treatments like this? Where did you train?
- Are your anesthesiologists fellowship trained in pediatrics?
- Can I be involved in the care process for my child?
- Do you have a pre-surgical tour that can help ease my child’s fears regarding the process?
Make an Appointment
Children's National in Your Neighborhood
Did you know our team sees children in Annapolis, St. Mary’s, and Salisbury?
Find a Children's Location Near You
Find a Provider