Programs and Services
The Center for Neuroscience and Behavioral Medicine treats the full range of neurological (brain) conditions, diseases and injuries, ranging from behavioral issues and concussions to brain tumors and more.
Learn more about the specialized services we provide for our patients:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders addresses the needs and focus on the strengths of all children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) to help them lead successful and healthy lives.
- Brain Tumor Institute: Our commitment to research gives your child access to the latest, most effective treatments for brain tumors, and our multidisciplinary approach means your child’s care is informed by the best specialists in the field.
- Concussion Program: The Safe Concussion Outcome Recovery & Education (SCORE) Program is one of the only programs in the greater Washington, D.C., area that specializes in the evaluation and management of concussions in children.
- Epilepsy Program: The Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Program offers a complete range of individualized treatments to eliminate seizures that can cause lasting damage to a child’s brain.
- Headache Program: We evaluate and treat more than 2,000 patients annually and our nationally-recognized team has extensive experience treating children of all ages with chronic headaches.
- Hearing and Speech Center: Our team offers comprehensive speech and hearing care – from screening infants’ hearing to evaluating a child’s voice quality to developing customized treatments and training.
- Mental Health Program: We are proud to offer a variety of specialized mental health services to children throughout the Washington, D.C., area.
- Movement Disorders Program: We offer the best available care for children with abnormalities affecting motion, muscle tone and the ability to carry out purposeful movement.
- Neurofibromatosis Institute: We help children with neurofibromatosis type 1 or 2 live more normal lives. Our dedication to your child’s health and well-being is why we’ve brought together some of the best and brightest minds on our medical and research teams.
- Neurogenetics Program: We provide comprehensive care for a wide array of neurogenetic disorders. We’re here to help kids throughout childhood and as they transition into adulthood.
- Neuro-Immunology Program: Our top-tier specialists lead the way in treating complex pediatric disorders of the brain, spinal cord and immune system.
- Neurology Program: Our team uses the latest techniques and technologies to provide accurate diagnosis and rapid treatment for children with neurological disorders. We take the time to explain the diagnostic tests available for your child.
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Program: Our team includes experts who treat conditions such as unexplained vision loss, brain tumors or stroke that affect vision, as well as eye disorders and diseases.
- Neuropsychology Program: We evaluate and care for children with a wide range of cognitive (thinking and learning), behavioral and social-emotional needs.
- Neurosurgery Program: We perform thousands of surgeries and are dedicated to giving your child the best possible care before, during and after his or her procedure.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Program: We treat and monitor infants, children and teens at all stages of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative care.
- Psychology and Behavioral Health Program: Our child psychologists and other mental health professionals understand the unique behavioral health needs of children and teens.