COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
CHAI Government Affairs
Using advocacy as a path to change, the Child Health Advocacy Institute's Government Affairs team is a voice for children at the local, state and federal levels.
We bring attention to and rally support for public policies that:
- Aim to eliminate health disparities
- Protect the interest of children’s health
- Increase funding for children’s healthcare
- Support medical research and innovation
We help policymakers make decisions that are good for kids with:
- Education on key children’s health issues
- Testimony from our expert physicians and researchers
- Community health data
In 2020, we particularly focused on:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Supplemental Appropriations
- Children's Hospital Graduate Medical Education (CHGME)
- Medicaid Reimbursement
- Children's National Research & Innovation Campus Zoning Application
- Prince's George Regional Outpatient Center Grand Opening
- Psychological Interjurisdictional Compact Act (PSYPACT)
- Health related bills, including B23-0416, Better Access for Babies to Integrated Equitable Services Amendment Act of 2020
Learn more about our previous policy successes.