COVID-19 Resources for Families
At Children's National, the health and safety of your family are at the heart of every decision we make. During this challenging time, we are doing everything we can to minimize the impact of the coronavirus on your family.
We are open and ready to provide care in-person and video visits. We are also available 24 hours a day for medical advice. Please contact us today to schedule an appointment, get medical advice or learn more about how we are keeping you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have taken many precautions to provide a safe environment for visits that need to be done in person – like certain well-child or annual physicals, immunizations and sick visits.
Call 1-888-884-BEAR (2327) or your individual physician's office today and we will work with you to schedule the right visit for your child.
Please remember to stay on schedule with your child's immunizations! Call your pediatrician's office today to make sure your child is up to date. You can make an appointment at any of our locations for an annual check-up and for your child to receive their immunizations.
In addition to coming into your pediatrician’s office, our mobile unit is coming to a location near you to give vaccinations and flu shots. Make an appointment today!
Friday, November 13, 2020
The National Children's Center
3400 Martin Luther King Jr Ave, SE
Washington DC 20032
Friday, November 20, 2020
1801 Mississippi Avenue, SE
Washington DC 20020
- Clinics are held between 11 a.m. and 3:40 p.m.
- Appointments are strongly encouraged
- Masks are required
- Clinics are for all children ages 2+
Call to make an appointment today: 202-436-3060
Protecting Your Family
We have information about how we are making our locations safer for you and your family. Read more.
Specific steps our primary care locations are taking to keep you safe:
- All staff are wearing masks.
- Clinical staff also wear eye protection when caring for patients.
- Families are asked to wear face coverings – we will provide a mask if you do not have one.
- Staff use additional protective equipment including gowns and gloves when caring for patients/families with symptoms or fever.
- Staff are screened for fever on arrival to work each day and asked to stay home if they are feeling ill.
- All of our primary care locations have clear protective barriers at the check-in and check-out areas.
- Utilizing video visits for a significant portion of our care including sick visits, follow-up visits and some well child visits.
- Reducing the number of in-person visits to ensure physical distancing for families and for our staff.
- Please call before coming in so we can safely plan to care for all patients and families.
- Anyone who calls to schedule an in-person visit will be asked COVID-19 specific screening questions. Patients/families with symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to COVID-19 are referred to the Telehealth nurse team to figure out the best way to meet their needs (video visit, call with provider or in-person visit).
- All families are screened on arrival for symptoms of COVID-19, known exposure to COVID-19 and/or fever. We have separate areas for symptomatic/exposed families.
- All rooms are thoroughly wiped down and disinfected after each patient.
Resources in Your Community
Many local schools, organizations and agencies are providing meals and food pantries throughout our area.
- Locate a summer meals site by using the searchable Summer Meals Map.
- You can receive a list of meal sites in your area by texting FOOD to 877-877.
- Resources and links from the D.C. government
- If you are currently quarantined in D.C. and need assistance with grocery/supply delivery
- Unemployment benefits during COVID-19 (English | Spanish) (PDFs)
- DC Health Matters Connect (Find free or reduced cost food, housing, health care and more)
Prince George's County, MD
- Prince George's County Health Department COVID Care Program (PDF)
- Diaper giveaway (PDF)
- Prince George's County government resources
- Food resources and availability in Prince George's County, MD
- Prince George's County public school meal location sites