Preparing for Your Visit
Whether your child needs a routine check-up, an annual immunization or is feeling sick, preparing for your appointment can help ease the process. If this is your first appointment with our pediatric primary care office, we suggest you arrive early to allow time to complete any new paperwork or forms. Keep in mind the following helpful tips to make your first appointment go smoothly:
- Bring a list of any medications your child is taking.
- Bring your child's insurance card and your driver’s license.
- Bring your child’s immunization record.
- Bring any medical records (including X-rays and lab tests).
- If your child is being seen at a Children’s National Pediatricians & Associates (CNPA) location, be sure to give us the best email and phone number to contact you when you schedule your first appointment. A few days before your appointment, you will receive an email and/or a text message alerting you to complete the check-in process online.
- If your child is being seen at a Children’s Health Center, please download and complete the new patient forms and bring them with you to your first appointment.
- Write down a list of questions you may have for the pediatrician.
Our teams work to keep your appointments on time. Please help us by arriving 15-20 minutes prior to your appointment time. We understand situations come up, so if you are running late, we may ask you to reschedule the appointment. If you do need to reschedule a well visit, we request that you contact our office 48 hours in advance.
Accessing Patient Portals
Current patients have access to our patient portals, including the Children’s Health Center Medical Home Patient Portal and CNPA’s Patient Portal, allowing you to conveniently prepare for your visit by sending messages, requesting appointments, refilling prescriptions or completing school forms and referrals. You can also check lab results and stay up-to-date on preventive care such as flu shots. These portals can be accessed anytime through your smartphone, tablet or computer.