Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Online Appointment Scheduling for New Patients
Cardiology and Neurology patients that are new to Children’s National can now schedule a new patient appointment through the portal.
The following appointment types can now be scheduled:
If you are an adult with known congenital heart disease, select this appointment type.
If you or your child has any of the following symptoms or diagnoses, select this appointment type: high cholesterol, high blood pressure.
If you or your child has any of the following symptoms or diagnoses, select this appointment type: murmur; chest pain; palpitations; abnormal ECG; syncope/fainting; Kawasaki disease; MIS-C; abnormal heart sounds; irregular heart beats.
If you or your child has been diagnosed with POTS by a pediatrician, neurologist or other cardiologist, select this appointment type.
If you or your child has any of the following symptoms or diagnoses, select this appointment type: epilepsy; seizures, spells; difficult to treat epilepsy; intractable epilepsy; refractory epilepsy.
If you or your child has the following symptoms or diagnoses, select this appointment type: disorders of the brain, muscle or nerves; tic or Tourette; headache or migraine; stroke; brain bleed; brain tumor; muscular dystrophy; myopathy; concussion; blood vessel problems in brain or spinal cord.
How to Make an Appointment
- Click the “Make an Appointment” button below.
- You will be directed to the portal, where you’ll be asked to complete some required fields, including who you are creating the appointment for and choosing a reason for your visit.
- In the field where you choose a reason for your visit, select one of the appointment types listed above that describes the reason for your appointment.
- You will then need to check the “I’m not a robot” box and complete that verification step before proceeding.
- Once you complete these fields, click “Search” and you will be taken to the next page where you can choose the location for your appointment.
- After selecting a location, choose the “View All Appointments” button to see all available appointments at that location.
- Select the date and time that works best for you.
- You will then be directed to a Patient Details page where you’ll need to complete the required fields to schedule your appointment.
- You will receive confirmation of your successfully scheduled appointment in your email. If there are any issues with your selected appointment, a member of the scheduling team will reach out to you directly.
Please note: If you are over the age of 13, you can schedule an appointment for yourself through the portal.