Pharmacy and Gift Shop
The Walgreens pharmacy on the first floor of our main hospital has trained pharmacists and pharmacy technicians available to serve our patients, families and employees. The following services are provided by the pharmacy:
- Medication consultations
- Medication dispensing
- Outpatient pharmacy retail services (including non-sterile compounding)
- Administration of CDC-approved vaccinations for children 12 and older (available only for customers who are not patients at Children’s National)
- Gift basket and balloon deliveries (ask a Walgreens cashier or pharmacist for details)
Children’s National physicians can e-prescribe to the hospital’s Walgreens, allowing families to pick up a patient’s prescriptions upon discharge, saving families an additional trip and getting them home faster.
The pharmacy also has toiletries, cards, toys, specialty equipment (such as breast pumps via a unique partnership with a local breastfeeding expert), and healthy snacks and beverages.
To speak with a pharmacist or pharmacy technician, please call 202-986-1467. Faxes can be sent to 202-986-0438.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.