Inpatient Case Managers are registered nurses (social workers in Psychiatry) who will work with you and your care team to plan for your child’s discharge. You may qualify for support from an Ambulatory Case Manager after your child goes home. Case Managers help your family by:
- Making referrals for home care services and transitional care facilities
- Arranging home equipment and supplies
- Working with local and national pharmacies to obtain special medications
- Setting up ambulance transports if needed
- Coordinating insurance coverage for your child’s discharge needs
- Facilitating communication among your child’s doctors
Case Managers can answer any questions you may have about your health insurance plan and covered benefits. You may contact us at CaseManagement@childrensnational.org.