COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Online Appointment Scheduling for New Patients
Cardiology and Neurology patients that are new to Children’s National can now schedule a new patient appointment through the portal.
How to Make an Appointment
- Click the “Make an Appointment” button below.
- You will be directed to the portal, where you’ll be asked to complete some required fields, including who you are creating the appointment for and choosing a reason for your visit.
- In the field where you choose a reason for your visit, select one of the appointment types listed below that describes the reason for your appointment.
- You will then need to check the “I’m not a robot” box and complete that verification step before proceeding.
- Once you complete these fields, click “Search” and you will be taken to the next page where you can choose the location for your appointment.
- After selecting a location, choose the “View All Appointments” button to see all available appointments at that location.
- Select the date and time that works best for you.
- You will then be directed to a Patient Details page where you’ll need to complete the required fields to schedule your appointment.
- You will receive confirmation of your successfully scheduled appointment in your email. If there are any issues with your selected appointment, a member of the scheduling team will reach out to you directly to assist.
- After you've successfully made an appointment, a member of the Children's National scheduling team will be reaching out to you to complete the registration process. On this call, you can expect to be asked for more information, including demographic data.
Please note: If you are over the age of 13, you can schedule an appointment for yourself through the portal.
Online Appointment Scheduling Types
The following appointment types can now be scheduled:
If you are an adult with known congenital heart disease, select this appointment type.
If you or your child has any of the following symptoms or diagnoses, select this appointment type: high cholesterol, high blood pressure.
If you or your child has any of the following symptoms or diagnoses, select this appointment type: murmur; chest pain; palpitations; abnormal ECG; syncope/fainting; Kawasaki disease; MIS-C; abnormal heart sounds; irregular heart beats.
If you or your child has been diagnosed with POTS by a pediatrician, neurologist or other cardiologist, select this appointment type.
If you or your child has any of the following symptoms or diagnoses, select this appointment type: epilepsy; seizures, spells; difficult to treat epilepsy; intractable epilepsy; refractory epilepsy.
If you or your child has the following symptoms or diagnoses, select this appointment type: disorders of the brain, muscle or nerves; tic or Tourette; headache or migraine; stroke; brain bleed; brain tumor; muscular dystrophy; myopathy; concussion; blood vessel problems in brain or spinal cord.