Children's Health Center will start new operating hours for patients 0-11 years old in July 2019.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
If you have any urgent medical concerns before we open, we offer medical advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 202-476-2123.
Children’s National Health System is committed to providing primary care services to children throughout the Washington, D.C., region. Among other care received, families can obtain physical exams for school, sports, childcare and camps at the Children’s Health Center - Sheik Zayed office, located in the Main Hospital.
Care is offered at six convenient locations with extended weekday and Saturday hours. We encourage you to visit your medical home when your child is well; however our patients are welcome to be seen for sick care at any of our six convenient health centers.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Fridays: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sundays: closed
12 Years and older
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. - Noon
- Sundays: closed
Parking is available in our main campus garage, and parking tickets are validated by the following departments: Family Services (for Social Work clients only), Parking Office (for parents without funds; one time only), and the Security Office (for parents without funds when the Parking Office is closed or parents with a letter signed by a representative of the clinic).
Children from birth to 11 years of age.
Children ages 12 to 21 are seen at the Adolescent Health Center located adjacent to the Children's Health Center (CHC) at Children's National.
- Well baby and well child checkups
- Physicals for school, childcare, sports and camp
- Care for urgent medical problems
- Care for children with special health needs and ongoing problems
- Follow-up care after hospitalization
- Health education
- WIC nutritional counseling
- Social work services
- Prescription refills
- Will complete school and daycare health forms
Mental Health services are offered at this location on select days of the week, and visits require an appointment. Please call to learn more about specific mental health services offered or to make an appointment.
For Prescription Refills or Referrals
Call the CHC main line at 202-884-2123 and follow the voice menu instructions. We have medical advice 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need advice, just call 202-476-2123.