Pre Surgical Tour
We encourage families to visit the hospital for a pre-surgical tour so children and caregivers can familiarize themselves with the process. The tours, which take place every Sunday at 2 pm, end with refreshments and a question-and-answer period.
There is also an our pre-surgical tour video in language that is easy for kids to understand.
On the tour you and your child will:
- Tour the Surgery Preparation and Recovery Center
- Learn what to expect on the day of surgery
- Learn about anesthesia
Register for a pre-surgical tour
Registration is required to attend a pre-surgical tour. It is recommended that you attend the tour the Sunday before your child's surgery. Please fill out the registration form completely. If you arrive later than 15 minutes after the tour start time we cannot guarantee that we can provide you with a tour.
- Tours: Every Sunday at 2 pm. Please arrive at 1:45pm
- Please note: The Pre-Surgical Tour will NOT be held on the following dates:
Sunday, May 28; Sunday, July 2; and Sunday, September 3. Please plant to attend a different tour day that works near your scheduled surgical date.
- Length of tour: 1- 1.5 hours
- Where: Sign in at Information Desk in the hospital Atrium.
Children's National Medical Center
Sheikh Zayed Campus for Advanced Medicine
111 Michigan Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20010
- More information: (202) 476-3812