Pay My Bill
We accept nearly every insurance plan, private payments, and Medicaid. We also provide care to children and families in our service area regardless of the family’s ability to pay. If a patient does not have insurance, we can help get coverage or financial support. Before your appointment, please contact your child’s referring doctor and/or your insurance company to make sure you have gone through all the necessary steps to obtain a referral or preapproval at Children's National. Please be sure to bring your insurance card to your child’s appointment.
Ways to Pay
We have three easy payment options for your convenience: online, by phone or by mail. We accept cash, checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings account.
- Pay your bill by phone: For this payment option, please speak with our customer service representatives Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm EST by calling 301-572-3542 or toll free 1-800-787-0021.
- Pay your bill by mail: Please use the address stated on the bill you receive in the mail and reference the account number or the guarantor number on your check or money order.
- Pay your bill online: For your convenience, you may pay with one online transaction through our secure payment portal.
Estimate of Cost
Our Customer Service Department is available to help with cost estimates. They are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm EST at 301-572-3542, toll free at 800-787-0021, or by email at email@example.com.
To fill out the estimate of cost request form, you will need to know:
- Length of surgery or other procedure
- Provide The Correct Procedure Terminology (CPT) code(s) of what procedure will be performed
- The place of service (inpatient or outpatient )
- If inpatient, the length of stay at the hospital
- How many days in the intensive care unit and the type of ICU
- Any implants or high-cost supplies
It usually takes two business days to get an estimate of cost for outpatient services, five business days for surgery and inpatient services. Use our form to receive an estimate of charges for surgical procedures.