Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Portal Unavailable: Due to portal upgrades, self-enrollment for ages 13-18 is currently unavailable.
Whether your child is seeing a Children’s National Hospital specialist or one of our primary care pediatricians, you can manage your child’s health information, access medical records and more through our online patient portals.
Please do not use the patient portals if your child requires immediate assistance. Call your physician's office directly. If it is a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Patient health information can be managed in MyChildrensNationalPortal when the patient is seeing a Children's National physician for specialty or emergency care. You can also download the patient portal app, Healthelife, available for iPhone and Android users.
How to Register for MyChildrensNationalPortal
If the patient is under 13:
- Fill out the requested information here: (English | Spanish). Once your information is verified, you will receive an email invitation to the portal. Please allow three business days for your request to be completed.or
- To protect patient privacy, call 866-355-0385 and select Option 1 to request an invitation be sent to your private email.
If the patient is over 13:
- Self-enroll here
- You will need the patient's medical record number (MRN) to create an account
- You can get the patient's MRN any of the following ways:
- The patient's MRN can be found on: discharge documents, clinic notes, the patient's hospital bracelet or a billing statement
- Call 866-355-0385 and select Option 1
- Call Medical Records at 202-476-5267 and select Option 7
Discover More About Our Portal
- Learn more about the portal in our frequently asked questions.
- If you have a request for a legal name change within the medical record and hospital systems, it should be made through the Health Information Management (HIM) department: Legal Name Change Request Form (PDF)
- Children’s National Hospital is dedicated to helping improve your family’s health care experience by providing convenient, streamlined access to your child’s health information. As part of that commitment, we are participating in a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services sponsored program called Promoting Interoperability. This program allows patient families to collect their electronic health information from Children’s National, and to potentially incorporate data from other providers into a single portal or application. In order to facilitate data exchange with an application created by an organization other than Children’s National, the application developer must meet standard technical and security specifications. Please contact us for more information about this program or to request a connection to a particular health data application.
- Questions? Call our support helpline 24/7 at 1-877-621-8014.
Children’s Health Centers make each patient visit easier with Patient Portal. Patient Portal is a secure portal that helps you manage your child’s care for each visit.
In Patient Portal, you can:
- Send your provider a message
- Request refills
- Review and request appointments
- View your child’s health records
- Update your child’s information
At Children’s National Pediatricians & Associates, you can manage your child’s care in our convenient and new Patient Portal, which is now live.
All patients will be required to have new access granted to our new patient portal. We aim to make this transition as easy as possible for you and your family. Creating your account is quick and easy. If you have not received a portal invitation email from CNPA, please contact your CNPA location for help.
In the CNPA Patient Portal, you can:
- View your child’s lab results, visit summaries and more
- Pay bills online
- Request appointments and prescription refills
- Send secure messages to your care team
- Access the portal from any web browser