COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
When your child needs health care, you can relax knowing that Children's National offers a variety of payment options for families of all economic levels. We accept Medicaid & most private health plans.
If you do not have health insurance, we can help you choose a health plan for your child and get insurance through the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Our Financial Assistance office is available to assist you in finding a payment solution.
For more information, please call our customer service representatives Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST at 301-572-3542 or toll free at 800-787-0021.
For families from other countries, our Global Services team can help assist you with all of your needs.
Major Health Plans Accepted at Children's National
Commercial Health Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia
- Beech Street
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- ChoiceCare PPO (Humana)
- Cigna Healthcare of the Mid Atlantic (includes Great West Healthcare)
- Claimsbridge PPO
- Conifer Health
- First Health
- Kaiser Permanente
- Multiplan/Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Military Health System Plans
Tricare Humana Military
Medicaid Managed Care or Public Health Plans
District of Columbia
- AmeriHealth DC
- Amerigroup DC
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN)
- Amerigroup Maryland
- Kaiser Permanente Maryland Medicaid
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Priority Partners MCO
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Maryland
- University of MD Health Partners
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus
- Kaiser Permanente Virginia Medicaid
- United Virginia Medicaid
- Virginia Premiere
Federal Employee Plans
- Alliance Health Plan
- American Postal Workers Plan (APWU)
- BlueCross/BlueShield Service Benefit Plan
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Mail Handlers
- National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC)