COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Psychiatry (Child and Adolescent) Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at Children’s National Hospital. On this site you will find information about our training program, our department and our institution – please take a look and feel free to contact us with any questions. Watch our informational video to meet some of our program faculty.
Children’s National offers a unique and remarkable training experience:
- Comprehensive core clinical rotations in inpatient, consultation-liaison and outpatient settings at a premier freestanding children’s hospital
- Opportunities to care for patients and families from a diverse array of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Accessible faculty with varied clinical and research interests
- Protected time for didactic instruction
- Elective rotations in multiple child psychiatry subspecialty clinics, including the Early Childhood Behavioral Health Program, Infant Feeding Disorders Clinic, Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders and Gender Development Clinic
- Broad range of community-based rotations and electives, including experience in schools, residential centers and integrated behavioral health models
- Optional international electives and training in Global Mental Health
- Location in Washington, D.C., and access to numerous advocacy opportunities
- A rich and lively life outside of the hospital, with virtually unlimited options for arts, recreation, dining, shopping and living
More About Our Program