COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Nursing at Children's National Hospital
Learn about our achievements
Care Team Champions
Children’s National nurses are a critical component of the care team and exemplify our core values of compassion, connection and commitment every day.
Leading Change, Transforming Care
"The nurses at Children’s National are crafting ‘their story’ every day as they define and establish a foundation to lead and transform care for patients and families, achieve professional mastery, demonstrate exemplary patient care and excel in nursing research and innovation toward the advancement of pediatric nursing."
- Linda Talley, M.S., R.N., NE-BC, F.A.A.N., Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer
Discover Job Opportunities
View our nursing jobs to see if any are a good fit for you to apply for.
Experienced nurses who are interested in more information about Children's National nursing positions may dial in for virtual drop-in hours on Tuesdays from noon to 2 p.m. Call 877-853-5247 and use meeting ID 501-810-408.
Featured Unit of the Month: Surgical Care Unit
Experienced acute care medical surgical nurses who are interested in more information about Children's National Surgical Care Unit, which won the Daisy Team Award and Beacon Gold Award, may dial in for virtual drop-in hours.
Please call 877-853-5247:
- Thursday, Dec. 2 from 2-3 p.m. (Use Meeting ID: 945 5130 7497)
- Monday, Dec. 6 from 10-11 a.m. (Use Meeting ID: 979 9722 5825)
- Thursday, Dec. 16 from 1-2 p.m. (Use Meeting ID: 980 4994 7965)
Surgical Care is a 31-bed surgical/trauma unit, with cardio/respiratory monitoring capability for each bed. The unit specializes in the delivery of family centered nursing care for patients with surgical conditions including any orthopedic conditions from infancy through adolescence. Significant subgroups of patients include, but are not limited to:
- Bariatric surgery
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Highly infectious diseases
- Orthopedic trauma
- Pediatric general surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal fusion
Watch the video
Compassion, commitment and connection are the core values we live by at Children's National. Listen to the experiences of our nurses and learn about career opportunities at Children's National.
Children's National Hospital: A Three-Time Magnet® Award Designee
In 2010, 2015 and 2020, Children’s National Hospital attained Magnet® recognition as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®.
This credential is the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice. The Magnet Recognition Program® provides a framework for nursing care delivery thus being recognized as a Magnet® health care system benefits our patients and families, by driving improvements in patient outcomes.
Our Nurses Speak to What Magnet® Means to Them
- "For me, working in a Magnet® facility allows the luxury of practicing my nursing skills with the support of a dedicated team of nurses, physicians, technologists and child life backed by nursing research. I feel there is no better place to receive care for children in the nation’s capital." –Theresa Fitzpatrick, RN, AS, CPN, CCRN; RNIII; Anesthesia Supply; Magnet® Champion
- "It means prestige, excellence, trustworthiness and pride which helps the nurses hold their heads up high as role models in a community of other hospitals and nurses". - Vera Okoye, RN, CPN, APHN-BC, CNS; RN III; Metabolic Disorders; Magnet® Champion
- "Working in a Magnet® hospital means working with the best nurses in pediatrics who deliver evidence-based/best practice care in a patient/ family-centered care setting. Magnet® nurses are supported and respected by leadership and all disciplines of the health care delivery team as being vital to the patient reaching his/her optimum level of well-being." – Audrey Scully, RN, BSN, CPN; Clinical Supervisor; Neurology Clinic; Magnet® Champion
More about Nursing at Children's National