Scientific Support Services
The Children’s National Research Institute (CNRI) Scientific Support Services provides daily operational support to the CNRI community. The three major categories of services provided include Scientific Equipment Care, Facilities Operations and Laboratory Environmental Health & Safety. The team of engineering and laboratory safety staff provide a wide variety of expertise and services to the research community at Children’s National.
Scientific Equipment Care
- Asset inventory management
- Capital equipment procurement
- Equipment relocation
- Service contract
- Facilities engineering requests
- Environmental services requests
- Research security
- Construction project assistance
- Supply chain services assistance
Environmental Health & Safety
- Biological safety
- Chemical safety
- Radiation safety
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Research emergency safety management
Kenta Umetsu, M.S.
- Research Facility and Biosafety Director
Ananda Jagadesan, M.S.
- Research Biomedical Operations Engineer
Jermaine Lawson, M.H.A.
- Research Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Ann Harley Little
- Research Biomed Ops Coordinator
- Research Biomedical Operations Coordinator
- Research Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator