Our Vision & Mission
Children’s National Research Institute will conduct novel basic, translational, clinical and community research and education programs within Children’s National Hospital that improve the well-being of children throughout their lives.
- To lead the nation in advancing the health and well-being of all children.
- To be a premier pediatric health system, with leadership in advocacy, research, education and clinical care.
- To set the standard in delivering the highest quality care in ways that put the child at the center.
Mark L. Batshaw, M.D.
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Senior Investigator in the Center for Genetic Medicine Research
Vittorio Gallo, Ph.D.
- Interim Chief Academic Officer, Children’s National Hospital
- Interim Director, Children’s National Research Institute
Support Our Research
Philanthropy changes lives. This ambitious endeavor to improve children’s health requires the commitment of many partnerships. This includes city and corporate leaders and those willing to invest in the future we envision together.