Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Submission and Questions
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF document through the online system.
Questions about this RFP may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposal page limit: Maximum 6 pages per below guidelines
Font size: 11 Arial
Margin: 0.5 inches
Application should include:
Cover page with the following information (1 page):
- Title of Project
- Applicant Name(s), Titles, Email Addresses
- Notification email address
- Requested Award Amount (must not exceed $100K). Please note that indirect costs are not allowed.
- Abstract – A short executive summary that will be shared with the public (please do not include any confidential information).
Description of proposed project following the outline provided below (3 pages maximum). The applications are generally for one year of funding.
- Unmet need in pediatric care: Describe the clinical application/situation/condition that the project is to address. Estimates of the number of potential patients that would benefit and describes the intended patient population such as age range, weight, etc.
- Product: Describe the pediatric medical product that will be developed with Pediatric Innovation Fund. As appropriate, provide detail on the prototype fabrication, materials, specifications, any software requirements and method of manufacturing.
- Significance: Describe the benefits the project will have on the technologies, treatments, services, or preventative interventions that relate to improvement in pediatric health care.
- Approach/Milestones: Identify the current state of development of your device (concept, prototype, preclinical, clinical, manufacturing, marketing or commercial use) and describe your approach for moving it through the next few phases with this grant funding for which you are applying. Provide an outlook describing potential sources of funding beyond the Pediatric Innovation Fund. Specify the current status of your intellectual property. Provide your project plan and timeline for commercialization in a Gantt format.
- Product Marketing Plans: Describe your market analysis to date. Please include a description of potential competitors and/or competing technologies.
- Project Team, Resources and Environment: Describe your project team and the resources you will require to complete the work proposed. Briefly describe any relevant prior experience.
Budget & Budget Justification (1 page): Provide an itemized budget for funds requested. Prototype production, data collection and analysis, clinical and pre-clinical studies, testing, manufacturing costs, cost of consultants, quality systems development, materials and personnel support are eligible budget categories. The awards are for a maximum of $100,000 for one year.
References (1 page):
References and citations may be used in support of the description of the proposed project, but should be kept within the page limit.
Because this is a two-step selection process, applicants are encouraged to work on their presentation should they be selected to present at the final competition.