What patients and families need to know
The Children's Research Institute
As part of our BERD funded efforts, all requestors can be provided with up to four hours of free support. Additional free support can be provided on a case-by-case basis especially for proposal development or for K-awardees.
DBSM offers the following additional payment options:
- Percent effort (primarily for funded efforts)
- Hourly invoicing (usually done monthly)
- Line item (used for budgeting of Data Management services, and Statistical Consulting services)
- Department dedicated support (for staff dedicated to a department/division)
DBSM Pricing Structure
The following rules are compensation guidelines for DBSM Faculty and Staff:
Annual Effort (for any given year)
|>=10%||Percent Effort or Hourly Rate|
|>=5% but < 10% At least one year with 10% effort || Percent Effort or Hourly Rate |
| >=5% but < 10% each year || Hourly Rate*|
* Percent effort may be considered with prior approval by the Division Chief of BSM
| Data Manager|| $80|
| Data Analyst/Staff Biostatistician|| $85|
| Faculty Biostatistician || $135 |
| IT Systems Analyst|| $105 |
DBSM Pro Bono Effort
- All requestors are permitted 4 hours of free consulting/analysis time. This includes meeting time and work time.
- If the work will result in a paper and DBSM faculty or staff are an author, additional free hours may be provided.
- If the work is to support a grant or other mechanism and DBSM staff or faculty will be funded if awarded, additional free hours may be provided.
- All NIH scholars are permitted up to 24 hours of free time per year.
- All CTSI-CN voucher participants are permitted up to 24 hours of free time.
- Extenuating circumstances for free time requests should be presented to the Division Chief who would then present to Dr. Lisa Guay-Woodford for approval.
Make an Appointment
Children's National in Your Neighborhood
Did you know we have 4 locations in Northern Virginia?
Find a Children's Location Near You
Find a Provider