Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
How to Apply
Children's National Hospital will be participating in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for those applying for the fellowship beginning July 1, 2021. More information on contracts, salary, benefits and visa information can be found here.
Visit the ERAS site to submit your application.
The required documents include:
- ERAS application
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement
- A recent photo of the applicant
- Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship evaluation form (found on the ERAS website)
Please note the following changes for the 2020 application season (appointment July 1, 2021):
- ERAS applications will open to candidates on July 1 as they typically do. However, to allow for challenges that may have arisen during the COVID-19 pandemic, applications will not be available to programs until August 12, 2020.
- As the match has not been similarly delayed, we would like to continue our traditional interview season from September through early November. As such, we strongly recommend that interested applicants have their ERAS application, CV, personal statement, and photo uploaded to ERAS by August 14, 2020. Although Children's National accepts applications on a rolling basis, applicants meeting the August 14 deadline ensure consideration for our primary round of interviews. We understand that there may be delays from some letter writers, but we recommend that you submit your other application materials as early as possible.
- Our initial round of interview offers will be extended by August 24, 2020.
- If any applicant has personal or professional circumstances that would delay this suggested timeline, please reach out to us so we are aware. We are committed to working with our applicants during this challenging time.
- In consideration of public health recommendations and as recommended by the Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD), our interviews will be exclusively offered in a virtual format this fall. We regret that we cannot meet you in person, but we look forward to creatively sharing our outstanding fellows, faculty, and training opportunities with you.
- Children’s National has successfully trained many cardiac intensivists in the past and welcomes applications from trainees who have previously trained in pediatric critical care medicine However, for fellows starting July 1, 2021, we will only consider applicants who can complete three years of cardiology training. This decision changes on a year-to-year basis based on our current cadre of fellows.
Match Opens: September 30, 2020
Rank Order List Opens: October 28, 2020
Rank Order List Deadline: December 2, 2020
Match Day: December 16, 2020
Children's National will be accepting four fellows to begin in July 2021. Interviews for select applicants will occur September through early November 2020.
For questions, please contact Valerie Evans at: