Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
How to Apply
A strong interest in autism spectrum disorders is required. Formal coursework in child development and assessment is expected. Assessment and therapy experience with children is strongly preferred. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are also presumed.
Applicants who are primarily interested in conducting neuropsychological assessments with this population may apply through this externship, or may also apply for the Neuropsychology Externship (Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders placement).
Time Requirement: 16 hours per week. This externship is a 12-month commitment from July-June (start/finish dates may be adjusted if needed)
Locations include: Children’s National Hospital in D.C., Montgomery County, Prince George's County and Takoma Theatre.
Materials are due Jan. 31, 2021. The following application materials are required:
- Letter of interest (include faculty preferences if applicable in your letter)
- Curriculum vitae with a list of relevant coursework
- Academic transcript (does not have to be official)
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably emailed)
- These may be sent separately directly from the person who is completing the recommendation. If you are mailing your application and wish to enclose letters of recommendation, please make sure they are in signed, sealed envelopes.
- List of test measures administered (identify which measures were given to patients and number of administrations)
To apply, please send your application materials directly to:
Angela Bollich, Ph.D.
Co-Director of Pre-Doctoral Externship Training
Children’s National Hospital
Division of Pediatric Neuropsychology
15245 Shady Grove Road, Suite 350
Rockville, MD 20850