Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
How to Apply
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Potential candidates for Children's National Pharmacy Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Residency Program should submit an application no later than January 1st. The residency year begins July 1st. The items below should be submitted with your application through PHORCAS:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- It should include (but not be limited to) schools or universities attended (including dates), degrees conferred or expected, honors and awards, extracurricular activities, work experience, clinical rotations (completed and scheduled) and other pertinent information.
- Three letters of recommendation
- o Two of which are from clinical or academic faculty and one from the most recent employer or someone who can speak to you as an employee
- Each individual who is writing a recommendation will submit directly to PhORCAS. Each reference writer must provide comments in at least three fields, in particular:
- Independence and resourcefulness
- Ability to work with peers and communicate effectively
- Emotional stability and maturity
An on-site interview at Children’s National Hospital is required. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their applications, personal statements, and letters of recommendation at a mutually convenient time during late January to early March.
Applications are submitted through PhORCAS and are due on January 1st.
Benjamin Hammer, Pharm. D., BCPPS
Manager of Clinical Pharmacy Service
Residency Program Director, PGY1
Children's National Hospital
Division of Pharmacy, M4847
111 Michigan Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20010-2916