Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Nominate a Pathfinder
Partner schools and programs can submit a nomination for eligible students.
Application deadlines for 2021:
- All student applications (pre-BSN, ADN-BSN and high school students) are due March 13, 2021 for the summer immersion program, which runs June 1 - Aug. 6, 2021 and tuition scholarship for fall 2021.
- Applicants for the summer program will be notified on April 30, 2021
- Summer immersion program start date: June 1, 2021
The program is being offered to:
- 3 high school graduating seniors
- 3 college students who have selected nursing as their major
- 2 nursing majors in associate degree programs committed to baccalaureate education
Prior to submitting any nominations to this program, please ensure the student’s availability to attend the 10-week summer internship for each year of eligibility.
- High school students: Summer 2021, 2022 and 2023
- ADN-BSN: Summer 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Pre-BSN students: Summer 2021, 2022 and 2023
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- In good academic standing
Partner schools and programs will be required to submit the following for nomination of each nominee:
- Nomination form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Student essay demonstrating the student’s interest in being a registered professional pediatric nurse. We strongly recommend that the student emphasize key factors influencing their choice to pursue nursing as a profession and identify why they believe a mentoring relationship will facilitate their success.
- PDF electronic copy of school transcript; if selected, an official transcript will be required.
Mentor Application and Selection
On an annual basis in April we will communicate a "Call for Mentors" to all registered nurses. This selection of experienced nurses at Children’s National will provide one-on-one mentoring to each student. Registered Nurses mentoring Conway Nursing Pathfinders are:
- Children’s National nurses in good standing
- Enrolled in an accredited MSN/MHA/PhD/DNP program
- Passionate about preparing future nurses who will thrive within their profession
All applications will be reviewed by a panel considered for an interview and selected based on the mentoring criteria and need for mentors.
Each nominee's application will be reviewed for completeness. Qualified nominees will be interviewed by a selection committee. Nominees who are selected for the program will receive additional program information upon selection.
Any additional questions regarding the nomination process should be directed to Mourine Evans, Conway Nursing Pathway Program Director, with the subject line 'Conway Nursing Pathway Program nomination.'
- Submission deadline - March 12, 2021
- Nominee notified - April 30,2021
- 10-Week Summer Immersion Program starts - June 1, 2021
2019 Pathfinders and Mentors
Learn about our 2019 Pathfinders and Mentors.