Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Pandemic Wellness Activities
- Make special in-home movie nights (rearrange furniture, popcorn)
- Camp indoors (tent, sleeping bags, s'mores)
- Indoor “hunts”:
- Create a scavenger hunt around the house (pictures as evidence)
- Treasure hunt with riddles as clues
- Game nights
- Minute to win it style games
- Indoor arcade night with prize table
- Get to know each other
Take up new hobbies:
Reignite old hobbies:
- Board games
- Read - for fun!
- Pick a book to read with the whole household
- Pick a new genre
- Use apps like “Libby” to access online books for free through your local library
Learn about six local ice skating rinks where you can enjoy some outdoor winter fun in this Washingtonian article.
Wineries in Virginia are a great place to relax and spend time in the outdoors. Learn about some in this Washingtonian article
- Check out your neighborhood activities on the Nextdoor app.
- Make a home outdoor movie theatre with projectors and lawn chairs.
- Host an outdoor carnival with a prize table.
- Discover your local parks.
- Have your neighbors over for a drink or a meal outside, or drive to a local public parking structure and head to the top floor for a rooftop picnic meal.
Learn something new:
Use online platforms to play board/card games together (set up games on each side of the screen), or try:
- Trickster Cards: Euchre, Hearts, Bridge, Spades, Pitch, Hearts, Whist, 500, Pinochle, Oh Hell
- Pandemic (ironic but hopefully more fun than terrifying)
- Among Us
- Houseparty app: Pictionary, Heads Up!, Apples to Apples
- Jackbox Games: Quiplash, Drawful 2, Fibbage
- Sponsor a food drive
- Sponsor a lemonade/hot chocolate/ice cream/garage sale and donate the profits to a local nonprofit
- Create a Community Free Pantry
- Get involved in community activism: Pick a cause or social issue to learn more about and dedicate time and/or money to advancing the cause
- Once you’re immunized, consider volunteering at a local nonprofit with a friend (good excuse to hang out and helps keep others safe)
- Helpen: Teach generosity while using Alexa