Advances in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
This conference will provide participants with updates and current knowledge on selected topics concerning the care of acutely ill pediatric patients. Topics are chosen to have particular relevance to urgent and emergency care. A combination of didactic lectures, interactive audience participation, and workshop format is presented. Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
Download the full agenda and list of speakers.
- Recognize common pediatric rashes that present to the emergency department.
- Describe the symptoms, signs, and treatment of current drugs of abuse in the pediatric population.
- Comprehend the latest guidelines for pediatric sepsis and how to implement them in your emergency department.
- Summarize advances in the diagnosis and treatment of appendicitis in the pediatric population.
- Review recent articles in the literature that are relevant to pediatric emergency care.
- Understand the threat of emerging infectious diseases in the pediatric population.
- Coordinate an emergency department response to a mass casualty and/or disaster event.
- Outline strategies for maintaining optimal personal well-being while working in the emergency department.
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing the pediatric airway per the latest Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) guidelines.
Presentations from the 2016 Advances in Pediatric Emergency Medicine Conference:
- 2015 AHA Guidelines Pediatric Updates, Karen O'Connell, MD, MEd
- Pediatric Emergency Management Triage and Resource Distribution During a Mass Casualty, Joelle Simpson, MD & Katherine Dunne, MSIV
- Pediatric Surgical Emergencies What's New?, Randall S. Burd, MD, PhD
- Improving the Quality of Pediatric Sepsis Care, Kathleen Brown, MD & Jeanne Pettinichi, MSN, RN
- Ten Best Articles 2016, Kristen Breslin, MD, MP
- Wellness in Emergency Medicine, Rita A. Manfredi, MD FACEP