Children's Academy of Pediatric Educators
The Children’s Academy of Pediatric Educators (CAPE) recognizes excellence in educational scholarship and leadership, promotes education research, supports innovation in teaching and serves as a community of practice for health professions educators committed to providing optimal patient care. CAPE was established in 2010 and provides our institution’s most highly regarded pediatric educators with resources to be successful in educating future generations of health care providers. CAPE includes over 30 members from various disciplines.
CAPE members serve as a resource to all faculty members, trainees and allied health professionals involved in medical education at Children’s National. Services offered by CAPE members include (but are not limited to):
- Mentoring for students, trainees and junior faculty
- Guidance on the development of an educator portfolio
- Peer feedback of teaching
- Advising for resident REACH projects, fellowship scholarship oversight committees (SOC) or Medical Education Pathway participants
- Consultation for educational programming using adult learning principles
- Faculty development for a range of topics including curriculum design, learner assessment, best practices for clinical/bedside teaching, simulation in medical education, interdisciplinary education, E-learning, patient/parent education, leadership in medical education and qualitative research methodology.
For more information on the Children’s Academy of Pediatric Educators, contact Priti Bhansali, M.D., M.Ed. at email@example.com.