Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
The Children's National Research Institute
- Provide tools for structural mapping of cells and tissues to study neural circuitry.
- Offer electron microscopic and super-resolution imaging approaches to identify subcellular defects associated with IDDs.
- Enable live and in vivo imaging to investigate cellular and subcellular interactions and perform functional brain mapping.
- Collaborate with other cores, centers and leading industry partners to educate and enable access to cutting edge microscopic technologies.
Provided Services and Technology
The CTMC provides access to a broad range of services which include the following:
- Three dimensional and multicolor imaging of fixed cells and tissue section using Confocal Microscopy, Apotome, Deconvolution Microscopy, Multiphoton Microscopy.
- Live in vivo imaging of live cells and tissues ex vivo and in situ using Confocal microscopy, Multiphoton microscopy of anesthetized/awake animals, Optogenetics, Electrophysiology.
- Optical clearing and Deep Tissue Imaging of whole organ, embryo or large tissues using Optical clearance and immunolabeling (CLARITY, iDISCO), Widefield, Confocal, Multiphoton and Light sheet microscopy.
- Electron and Super-resolution microscopy Nanoscale 2D and 3D imaging of cells and tissues using Correlative light and EM, back-scatter SEM (FIB-SEM), TEM, Gated STED and PALM Super-resolution microscopy.
- Long-term live cell imaging of Extended imaging of tissue slices, explanted tissue, cells in culture using Spinning disc confocal microscopy, Real time deconvolution microscopy (THUNDER), TIRF microscopy, Widefield microscopy.
- Stereology, Digital Pathology and Laser Capture of 3D spatial quantitation, histopathology, tissue microdissection using Mbf Stereology, Neurolucida 360, Olympus VS120 slide scanner, MMI CellCut.
- Data visualization, data analysis, quantitative analysis, visualization and data presentation through the use of dedicated workstations and software for data visualization and quantification.