Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
The Children's National Research Institute
- Adolescent sexual health
- Health disparities
- Health services
- B.S., Biology/Psychology, Duke University, Durham, NC, (1999)
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, (2004)
- Residency, Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship, Emergency Medicine, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- M.S.C.E., Master of Science in Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, (2013)
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, George Washington University
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, George Washington University
Monika Goyal, M.D., is a pediatric emergency medicine specialist, Associate Division Chief of Emergency Medicine and Trauma Services and Director of Academic Affairs and Research at Children's National Hospital. She is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine at the George Washington University School of Medicine.
Dr. Goyal's NIH-funded research program aims to develop emergency department-based interventions to reduce disparities in both the provision of emergency care and health outcomes for youth. She is actively involved in mentoring students, trainees and junior faculty and has a strong interest in faculty development, diversity and inclusion.